Thursday, May 3, 2012

The limits of knowledge

For a lifetime, I have heard people complain and say that school is a waste of time.  They ask why they need Algebra, Science, and so on.  Regretfully, I admit that I too shared in those same complaints.  Having spent the first seventeen years after high school barely making ends meet, working dead in jobs, while raising two daughters, the time had come and something had to give.  I enrolled in college in October of 2011.  I was surprised at how much I did not know.  Quickly, I was taught to ask why about everything.  I truely felt like a two year old in my head.  Why, why, why! My life had been limited before due to my lack of knowledge.  Attending South University has opened my eyes and mind to the limitless possibilities that are out there for me, all I have to do is be open to learn new things. From learning how to look things up in the library and on the web, to learning new web tools such as wikis and blogs, slowly I am catching up.

1 comment:

  1. I too had the same attitude, i always used to tell my self "this isnt Harvard" why should i evern try. But i soon realized that in order to even get to Harvard i needed a different change in my mind state. Congratulations in the change of though, i know you will go far (:

    ReplyDelete