Sunday, May 27, 2012
Delay for her entitlement
I did not get my 3rd blog done this past week. I entended to write it yesterday, however I had an opportunity that I do not get everyday that many take for granted. My mother, as many of you know, is ill and was in the hospital last week. I had to work yesterday and she came to help me. We spent the entire day together. After work we ran some errands for her and sat down and enjoyed a late lunch together. Something we have not done in years. By the time we got home and unloaded the car it was time to cook dinner. We cooked up some fresh fish and spent the evening with my daughter, boyfriend, and good friend. I know it just sounds like your everyday and maybe for some it is, but not for me. I had to make the choice to seize the moment (day) with my mother or do my homework. I almost lost my mother in March and truely began to search myself and how I had not thought about what my life would be like without her. Unexpectedly, I discovered that I subconciously felt entitled to her everlasting love....maybe. The way I see it she is entitled to my everlasting love, respect, and attention. It is easy to get caught up in life and forget the the little things, often times taking for granted that you will always have another day to spend with someone or to tell them how you feel. We are not entitled to tomorrow, tonight, or even the next breath. So live for each moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is impossible to read your blog. Change the text color.
ReplyDelete