Saturday, May 12, 2012
Where did your manners go?
Daily I am shocked by the lack of manners in my surroundings. I was raised in a small town in Arkansas, where you were expected to say yes mam, no sir, excuse me, may I and please. A community where men opened doors for women and children did not talk back to adults. Walking through the mall today I saw kids telling their parents what to do and people pushing past others. I did not like the rules when I was a child, but looking back now I realize the rules were not rules at all, they were manners. People today, are for the most part, rude! They do not care about anyone else's feelings but their own. Just because we have advanced in technology does not mean that we have to abandon our past. When given the opportunity, hold the door for someone, make a point to say thank you or please. People will be pleasantly surprised and will typically do the same for someone else. Kindness is contagious. Don't believe me, try it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you, Kindness is contagious. Everyone has to try , is the only way to create a better place to live. Is our responsability.
ReplyDeletethese kids these have no respect for their self so i dout if they know how to give respect or kidness. if the parent start showing their kids how to so thanks or yes mama or no sir things might get better and there will be much more repect. It starts in the home and in school.
ReplyDelete