Friday, May 25, 2012
Entitlement in children
How do children begin to feel entitled? Some might say it is caused when children are born into a family with money. Some might say that it is being an only child. I have even heard people say that they think children of certain races have a false sense of entitlement. I have to disagree. I have seen children from all backgrounds, races, and income levels behave normally and I have seen them acted like they are entitled to everything under the sun. I do believe that these circumstances can stimulate a level of confidence in children that can sometimes be miscondstrude as feelings of entitlement. I also believe that entitlement is something that every child as felt or will feel at some point. Guidance from family, teachers, and friends can shape those feelings into a postive, confident child. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I honestly believe it is the way we as adults raise our children. My son is only three and there are times when he knows that he is mishaving and does'nt expect any treats. I refuse to reward my son when he is misbehaving.
ReplyDeleteI think it depends on the child. Some children think they are more entitled then others. We don't always know the reasons behind it and we shouldn't always judge by looking at half the picture. This is a post to think about. lol Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, every child is different, but everyone feel entitlement at some point of his/her life.
ReplyDeleteI also believe that it starts as young children. I was an only child for ten years and spoiled. But, I had chours, did good on school, had respect for others and understood the value of a dollar. Some kids just feel that they deserve it, and if they don't get it, they throw a fit: yell, cry, scream and have tempers.
ReplyDelete