Thursday, July 31, 2014
The other side of the fence
Have you heard the saying "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence?" Well, I used to think illogically about people that had a lot of money. I believed that they were happier in their lives than people with out money. These feelings would overwhelm me as I struggled to provide for two beautiful young girls. It took a while before opportunities presented themselves to me that allowed me to see that their lives were more happy than my own. They stressed about money, family, friends, and jobs just like I did. I realized that I had been thinking illogically about the wealthy. Coming to this realization was an eye opening experience and helped to change the way I viewed other groups of people with out having the opportunity to know them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like what your saying money never could buy joy its that feel only God can give cause only he can help you sleep when you have money, causes you feel the next man will come and take it away. Joy is something that can not have price tag on it, it's a priceless gift. Those money hungry people don't have what you have peace.
ReplyDeleteAs humans, we often think things could be better if I had this or if I get that, but like you, my experiences have told me differently. I've had plenty (materials) and have had very little. The one thing that has always given me joy is knowing that family, friends, love and laughter is the substance that keeps us hopeful. I could not have been able to do this without God in my life. If it wasn't for his word and being able to see the reality of how I should live my life, I would be lost. I love your post my friend!
ReplyDelete