Thursday, July 10, 2014
Exhausted
Arguing with people is something I dread. I recently had an argument with my fiance that took an emotional and physical toll on me. I was deeply affected by the choice of words that he used. Those words had more of an impact than the actual argument itself. This argument left us distant for many days. A week later the same circumstances that started the original argument repeated itself, only this time it was me with grievance. I chose to stay silent. My reaction confused him. He said that he was expecting the same response from me that I had received from him. I pointed out the cause and effect of our first argument and told him that I learned from it. I had realized that by repeating the first response would only create a larger divide between us. I hope that he also learned from my reaction to prevent unnecessary distress in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your right as a mother of three it's hard not to argue cause children just don't understand . Arguing is not somthing i like to do like you said in a heated argument people say things that are hard to take back. I truly believe that we should think before we talk and always put yourself in the other persons shoes. Try to reason before an argument it save you a lot of hurt.You did well keep it up it will help you in your future together.
ReplyDelete