Friday, August 29, 2014

Flipping Out

My first experience with a flipped class was quiet overwhelming.  I was accustomed to the typical teaching style, teacher lectures and students listen. Then you go home with hours of homework, hoping you remembered enough to get the work done.  Flipped classes are just the opposite. You watch lectures or informational videos and complete your reading at home, while interacting with the teacher and classmates in class. This style of teaching can be difficult for some students to adjust to, mostly because most of us tend to fight change. When we are comfortable doing things a certain way, change can be an unwelcome visitor. I actually prefer this style of teaching and wish that other professors could acclimate this concept into the future classes. Life is full of changes and learning to flip your learning style makes it easier.

2 comments:

  1. i definitely agree that professors should use this concept, it gets boring doing the same things that we are normally used to doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit that when I get bored in class, I tend to zone out. It makes learning that subject very difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete