Saturday, July 19, 2014

Constant authority

Sometimes I feel like I am constantly in a position of authority. Some people feed off of having that responsibility. I, however, do not. I enjoy being a mother and with that comes with the most important position of authority. You use that authority to help guide your children. In addition to being a mother I have worked as an office manager for the last ten years. This position requires me to have a great deal of authority, most of which is over other employees. At the end of the day I look forward to that moment when I can just sit down and relax. For me, the constant authority can become overwhelming. Does anyone else feel this way?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I can say Amen to that girl as a mother I feel I always have to be in authority at all times. When my children go to bed I feel the power of authority will be at rest till they get up again. When am at work I feel the same way and it feels like weight on your shoulders . Its always good to close your door at lunch time and know for that hour no one can ask you anything. Authority is good when you don't allow it to over power you and you don't make it a power thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authority, or responsibility? They are not quite the same, though often they go together. Which is more oppressive?

    ReplyDelete