Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Memorial Day
I spent Memorial Day on the boat with family and friends, and have been critizied for doing so. I was born into a military family, even born on a military base. I most certainly understand the significance of the day. Memorial day is about remembering those lost and acknowledging those who are still fighting. Personally, that is something we should do everyday. If it were not for the fallen and the fighting we would not have each day, or even each moment to live freely. If it were not for the brave members of the United States Armed Forces being on the boat, and enjoying my family and friends may not be possible. Everyone has their own way of remembering and celebrating. Just because I didn't dress in red, white, and blue or go to a parade does not mean that I do not care, BECAUSE I DO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We all have our own way of remembering the fallen. You can't just sit and be sad. You need to enjoy your day and everyday. We only live ones and you should enjoy. We all remember the fallen, no matter what we are doing.
ReplyDelete