Monday, June 18, 2012

Feeling left out

Hopefully, many of you were able to spend the day with your fathers yesterday. If not, at least speak with them by phone or video chat.  I accompanied my boyfriend to see his father yesterday. It was a pleasant visit.  In the afternoon I tried to call my dad, who lives out of state.  As he answered the phone it was obvious that he was preoccupied.  He began talking to someone in the background, then asked if he could call me back.  Of course, I said yes. As so often before, he never called. I never even had the chance to tell him that I loved him.  Beginning to feel uncertain of were I fit in on Father's day.  Well, I guess, the day isn't for me anyways. Why can't I be happy for him if he is happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment