Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dangers of the road

This past week I have seen some of the most dangerous driving ever. The other night my daughter was driving to practice for her drivers license when a car passed us, while we were doing the speed limit, using a turn lane.  Once the car was in front of us it began to swerve into the lane of oncoming traffic and then the other side of the lane into the grass.  Needless to say, we were speechless watching these events unfold. My daughter increased her distance in the event that the car collided with someone or something.  This went on for five miles, until finally, the car turned onto another road just before we got home. It was definitely a good example of the dangers of the road.

I experienced the most dangerous driving on my way home from school Wednesday night.   As I was driving down a two lane road the lanes merged to one.  I was forced to slow down due to the merging traffic in front of me.  In the mean time, behind me, there was a car attempting to force its way in between my SUV and the truck behind me.  I watched the events in my rear-view mirror.  The two vehicles began playing bumper cars.  NO KIDDING!  They were literally bumping into each other and neither of the two were going to let the other car win. The road had now narrowed to one lane and they were still trading paint.  It was a little nerve racking because I could not distance myself from this as the cars in front of me where driving under the speed limit.  Trying to pull over would have been dangerous because the construction on the road way has created sand and dirt shoulders.  All I could do  was continue to watch.  Finally the truck turned off onto a side road.  It seemed like it went on forever, yet it was only a matter a minute or less.  The dangers of the road are always there and can present themselves at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment